Case Study: Department of Defense - Defense Logistics Agency
Backup and Restore for a Multi-Operating System Environment
As America's combat logistics support agency, the Defense Logistics Agency (DLA) provides the Army, Navy, Air Force, Marine Corps, other federal agencies, and combined allied forces with the full spectrum of logistics, acquisition and technical services. The agency sources and provides nearly 100% of the consumable items that America's military forces need to operate.
Agency Operations Span
- More than 25,500 civilian and military employees
- Roughly 2,400 weapons systems
- Nine supply chains and nearly 6 million items
- Operations in 48 states and 28 countries
- Average 98,475 requisitions and more than 9,000 contract actions a day
- 25 distribution centers worldwide
Within the immense scope of its operations, DLA was implementing standardized storage management solutions. DLA was seeking a vendor to provide backup and restore capabilities to a multi-operating system environment.
Frontier Technologies Delivers Successful Outcomes
- Established an archive/backup solution to support DSCP/DSCR Tiered Storage Architecture with the objective of lowering DLA total storage cost of ownership
- Established and supported DSCR continuance of operations
- Provided storage management support for rollout of the new Exchange 2007 Environment
Provided storage management support for the rollout of the new DSCP/J6P Data Center redesign